Attention! Because of the corona virus, the start of the Nightjet to Innsbruck and Vienna has been postponed to 2021.
- Travel while sleeping
- Safely and efficiently to the most beautiful destinations
- Reserved seats, couchettes or sleepers
- Travelling during the night = win a day compared to travelling by car
NightjetTravelling to Switzerland or Austria? Save valuable time and avoid expensive hotels. Depart in the early evening from Amsterdam, Utrecht or Arnhem towards Vienna or Munich and Innsbruck.
If you want to take the night train earlier, you can do that too; just change trains in Düsseldorf.
Book ticketsBooking a Nightjet ticket online is a little different than you might expect from us. Below you can read step-by-step instructions on how to book tickets.
You can book this train between the Nightjet stations.
In the Netherlands these are:
- Amsterdam Centraal
Abroad these are:
If you depart from another station in the Netherlands, you can book that trip to one of the departure stations on NS.nl or travel with your OV-chipkaart. If you travel further abroad than one of the arrival stations, you can book the last part of the journey separately, online at nsinternational.nl.
Example for the journey Alkmaar - Salzburg
- Book the night train from Amsterdam to Wels
- (Online) book a ticket Wels to Salzburg.
- Travel from Alkmaar to Amsterdam with your NS ticket or OV-chipkaart.
Find train tickets
Step-by-step instructions booking
- Fill in a Nightjet departure and end station in our booking system.
- Below choose the number and type of passengers and click Search.
- Click on the desired departure date in the calendar that appears. If necessary, click on 'evening' at the top of the screen.
- Select the night train.
- Then choose the flexibility. You cannot change or cancel the non-flex rate after purchase.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose to continue with a one-way trip or to book the return trip.
- In the event of a return journey, choose another date and accommodation.
- After Check your trip, you will see your travel overview with the total price, links to the route, price details and fare conditions.
- Click on Book now and filll in your details and pay. You will receive a booking confirmation. Would you like to book the ladies only compartment or do you have a mobility impairment? Please call our Service Center at 030-2300023.
You can book your tickets for ÖBB Nightjet from 180 days before departure. Book as soon as possible, as the cheapest fares often sell out quickly.
Find train tickets
Mandatory reservationIt is mandatory to reserve a place on the ÖBB Nightjet in the type of accommodation you wish to have. Make sure you are at your reserved place within 15 minutes prior to departure. If you are not in your reserved place 15 minutes after the train leave you may forfeit your place.
Night train to Vienna and Innsbruck starts May 25, 2021
Munich - Innsbruck
With ÖBB Nightjet to Munich and InnsbruckNight train to Vienna and Innsbruck starts May 25, 2021
Types of accommodation ÖBB Nightjet
On board of ÖBB Nightjet, you have a choice of seating, lying or sleeping accommodation. There are sleeping carriage with sleepers for a 1, 2 or 3-person compartments, couchettes for 4 or 6 persons and seating compartments with 6 seats. In each category you can either choose to share your compartment with other travellers or have your private one.
- There are 1, 2 or 3 persons compartments available.
- Beds are provided with linen (pillow and blanket) and there is a washbasin that is stocked with towels and toiletries.
- A Deluxe sleeping compartment has its own bathroom equipped with washbasin, shower and toilet and is stocked with towels and shower gel.
- If you book a single bed in a 2 or 3 persons’ compartment, you will share a compartment with other passengers (men and woman separate).
- You will receive a welcome package which includes an aperitif, a snack and a bottle of mineral water. In the evening you may select an elaborate breakfast which will be served in your compartment at a your own chosen time.
- Compartments available for 4 or 6 persons.
- Every couchette has a blanket, a sheet and a pillow. Toilet and washing facilities are located outside the compartment in the carriage.
- Your stay includes mineral water and a small breakfast. Drinks and snacks are available for purchases and will be served in your room.
- When booking, you can indicate a preference for a bottom, middle or top bunk.
- These compartments are meant for groups, families or price-conscientious travellers. There are special compartments for women and,- wheelchair-bound travellers. Also available are private compartments for 1-6 persons (1-3 adults, max. 5 children up to 14 years) at a fixed rate incl breakfast – very interesting for families, small groups or senior citizens (as they can spend the night comfortably on 2 beds side by side).More information on this is available on NS International Service Center: 030-2300023
- Every 2nd class department has 6 seats
- Toilet and washing facilities are located in the carriage
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase with a member of staff in the couchettes and sleeping carriages
- There are private compartments available, bookable for 1-3 persons (1-3 adults, max. 2 children up to 14 years).
Ladies only compartments
For female travellers, a reservation can be made in a special women-only compartment. Places in one of the women-only compartments can only be reserved via NS International Service Center or at a NS International service desk in one of the international Ticket & Service offices.
Luggage space is limited on ÖBB Nightjet. It is recommended not to take more than one case and one item of hand luggage per person. You must be able to carry your luggage yourself and place the luggage in the luggage racks and/or above seats and berths. A number of coaches have larger luggage racks at the front.
More information about luggage
Travelling with children
Children aged to 14 years arent't allowed to travel alone but must always be accompanied by an adult.
Information about travelling with children
Bicycles on board
You can’t travel with a bicycle in the nighttrain from Amsterdam to Vienna and Munich and Innsbruck until April 2022. A bicycle (folding or otherwise) can only be taken on board if it is packed in a bicycle case (not a cover) with a maximum size of 85x85 cm.
More information about bikes on the nighttrain
There are electrical outlets next to your chair and in the couchettes and sleeping cars. You can use and charge your electronic devices during your trip.
Catering is available in the in the couchettes and sleeping cars.
Dogs on board
Traveling with dogs is only permitted if you book an entire compartment and if they don't bother other passengers. Also the dogs are on a leash and wearing a muzzle when getting on and off the train. Tickets for large dogs can be purchased from the Train Manager on board.
Virtual tour nightjet sleeping cars / chouchettes
Sleeping cars 2 sleepers
Couchettes 4 seating arrangement
Couchettes 4 sleepers
Couchettes 6 sleepers
- More than thousands of European destinations online
- Dutch and English customer service
- No booking fee online
- Pay online easily and safely
To Vienna by train
The absolute centre of classical music and opera. It's the city main attraction!
To Tyrol by train
A popular destination in both the summer and winter season.