We offer a number of additional services to increase accessibility for the elderly, poor-sighted and other passengers with impaired mobility.
Assistance getting on and off the train
Do you need assistance getting on and off the train? No problem – you can request the required assistance at least 48 hours in advance by calling +31(0)30 235 78 22 (7 days a week, 24 hours a day). We advise you to make the request shortly after booking your trip. Please have all relevant information at hand when you make this call because it is not possible to book online. Hearing impaired If you are hearing impaired, you can whatsapp your request for assistance to 0031 302300023. Assistance abroad Assistance abroad has a longer application time and we advise you to request the required assistance at least 1 week before departure. More information For more information on this service, please visit the NS.nl website.
Travelling with a guide
Passengers with impaired mobility may be eligible for a Public Transport Guide Pass. Depending on the country in which is being travelled, you may get a free ticket for the person accompanying you when you show this card.
- The wheelchair places on Intercity Brussels services are almost always located in the centre of the train.
- People escorting passengers with an OV Guide Pass can travel with Intercity Brussels services within the Netherlands for free.
- To be able to get onto the train – and also the elevators and movable ramps – the wheelchair may be no larger than 150 x 85 cm (outer measurements)
- You and your wheelchair may not have a combined weight of 250 kilo.
- If needed, you can request assistance to get on and off the train by calling 030-235 78 22 (07:00 to 23:00 hours).
- In Comfort class there is space especially for passengers in a wheelchair. There is a special reduced ticket price for this space and one person may accompany you for the same reduced rate. You will have to make a special reservation. The accompanying passenger needs a Guide Pass. (030-2300023).
- The width of the door leading to this carriage is 70 cm. Electric wheelchairs and mobility scooters may be taken on board as long as they are not wider than 70cm. You will have to make a special reservation (030-2300023).
- The reduced ticket price is not valid for passengers who are blind or poor-sighted. A guide dog may board the train, free of charge.
ICE International and Intercity Berlin. There are two or four wheelchair spaces in every ICE International and Intercity Berlin train in a 2nd class carriage and there are handicap washroom/toilet facilities in the vicinity. Next to each wheelchair space there is a seat that is always reserved for the accompanying passenger. Allowable maximum size of the wheelchair is 125 x 70 cm. There are limited opportunities for travelling with a mobility scooter. For advice contact telephone number: +31(0)30 235 78 22 (7 days a week, 24 hours a day).
In first class there are two spaces especially for passengers in a wheelchair. There is a special reduced ticket price for this space and one person may accompany you for the same reduced rate. Travellers with a mobility scooter may transport it free of charge on the Eurostar in the luggage compartment.
- Mobility scooter and/or wheelchair may not be longer than 100 cm or wider than 70 cm
- Scooters that run on fuel are not permitted.
- Register your trip with mobility scooter at EuroDespatch via tel.: 0044 344 822 5 822 (open daily from 08:00 to 22:00 hrs).
- The reduced ticket price is not valid for passengers who are blind or poor-sighted - but is valid for one person accompanying them.
A guide dog or assistance dog travels free of charge, but must be registered in advance with Eurostar. The conditions set by Eurostar must also be met. For more information, you can call us daily from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs via the following number: +44 3432 186 186. Do you speak Dutch? Then you can also contact us via the number: +32 2 400 67 31. Currently, it is only possible to travel with a guide dog or assistance dog on the Eurostar route Brussel Zuid/Midi-London v.v.
Nighttrain ÖBB Nightjet
All travelers with a disability pay the standard rate. Supervisors of a visually impaired traveler travel at a reduced rate.
A special compartment can be booked for travelers in a wheelchair. You don't have to pay extra for this. A companion can travel with you for free (this arrangement applies to travel from December 13, 2020 - until then you must purchase a ticket for your companion on board the train).
To book the wheelchair compartment or to book a ticket for the Guide, please contact the NS International Service Center (030-2300023, open 24/7) or an NS-International counter in the Service Shop.
Read more about traveling with a disability in ÖBB Nightjet
The wheelchair space on TGV trains is accessible for passengers with both a manual or electric wheelchair and mobility scooters with maximum dimensions of length 120 cm and width 70 cm.