- The fares for children are really attractive
- Youths travel with additional benefits
- Additional benefits for regular customers
- Profit from travelling with the DB Bahncard
This is how it works: you choose your destination and then travel there at your own pace. Exceptions are the trains for which seat reservations are mandatory. In that case, your youth ticket is only valid for the train, date and time you have booked.
Youth tickets Paris - ThalysThalys has a special youth fare to, among others, Paris. These are additional attractive rates for both classes Comfort 1 and Comfort 2 for youths up to 25 years. For more information see the Thalys rate conditions.
Youth ticket Round tripsDiscover Europe by train!
RAILPLUSTravel discounts to no less than 25 different countries in Europe, with the international RAILPLUS Pass!
Are you in possession of an OV-Jaarabonnement, Voordeelurenabonnement, OV-studentenkaart, Jaartrajectabonnement or a new NS subscription (Altijd Vrij, Altijd Voordeel, Dal Vrij, Dal Voordeel, Weekend Vrij)? Then, as a regular customer, you can buy a RAILPLUS pass. You will receive this 15% discount on the standard rate of cross-border travel, one-way and return. If you are also 60 or older you get RAILPLUS for free! (This rule applies only to holders of the 'old' Voordeelurenabonnement). The discount also applies before 09:00 hrs.
A RAILPLUS pass costs € 15, - per year and is linked to your annual subscription or VDU card. You can buy the pass NS service counter at the station. If your RAILPLUS pass is linked to your Voordeeluren abonnement, it is valid for one year from its validity date. If your corresponding NS subscription ends earlier, your RAILPLUS pass will also be ended. You cannot cancel your RAILPLUS pass in the meantime.
- The RAILPLUS discount is valid when travelling across the border.
- RAILPLUS does not apply to trains and/or rates where a special reservation is needed, such as the Thalys and Eurostar. RAILPLUS customers can get a discount for the continuation of their journey after/before travelling with Thalys or Eurostar. You will need to be able to show that you have travelled across the border.
- RAILPLUS is not valid in combination with Sparpreis tickets to and through Germany.
- RAILPLUS is not valid in combination with other products, as, for example, Interrail.
- Countries where RAILPLUS is valid For all ages: Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland. For passengers 25 years and younger and 60 and older: countries mentioned above plus Norway, Spain and Sweden. Please note: not all foreign destinations are available from the Netherlands.
- RAILPLUS Discount can only be given to someone with a RAILPLUS pass and does not apply to travel companions without a RAILPLUS pass.
- When travelling with RAILPLUS discount you must have the pass with you!
My Thalys World
My Thalys WorldMy Thalys World is a loyalty program for frequent travelers, with which you can save points by traveling. For every euro you spend, you save member points, which determine your status, and you also save Miles, which you can exchange for various products and services from Thalys and its partners.
When booking a Thalys trip, you can create an account on My NSI. You can then add your card and in the future it will always automatically be linked to your Thalys trip.
Read more about My Thalys World
DB Bahncard - travelling with discount in GermanyIf you have a DB Bahn Card 25, 50 or 100 you will get discount on the German leg of your international journey. You will also automatically get a RailPlus discount on your trips abroad.
To get discount: Select your DB Bahncard when indicating your travel preferences during booking www.NSInternational.nl and your discount will automatically be added if you choose a full rate ticket.
- The discount is only valid on the German leg of your international journey.
- You can only buy a DB Bahn Card with DB
Good prices to go to BelgiumWould like to have a weekend getaway that isn't pricey and are you a student? Have a look at the possibilities to get extra discount on a trip to Belgium.
- Your student travel product is valid!
- Student-friendly prices
Travel with your student travel productDo you want to make another international train journey? In some cases, you also have the right to 40% or 100% discount for the domestic part of the journey. Look here when this applies to you.
It is convenient to buy a international ticket for your entire journey. In other words: from station where you first board the train in the Netherlands to your final destination abroad.
- When purchasing your international ticket via NSInternational.nl, you must choose the option ‘ 40% discount in the Netherlands’.
- Are you buying your international ticket via a NS self-service ticket machine? Then choose the option ‘40% discount in the Netherlands’ or '100% discount in the Netherlands'
You will then receive an international ticket where the 40% discount is included.
Your student travel product (OV-chipkaart) combined with your international ticket form your valid ticket. When asked, you must be able to show them both.
Please note: If necessary, book two one-way trips when different conditions apply on the outward and return journey.