From € 69
Quickly to the heart of Valence
- From € 80* one-way trip with TGV
- From € 69* one-way trip with Thalys to South of France
- Travel time Amsterdam - Valence 6.55 hours with TGV
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Arrival in the heart of town
- No parking costs
- Online no booking fee
Valence is located on the banks of the river Rhône and is therefore known as "the green city". Especially Parc Jouvet is highly recommended with its 7 hectares of beautiful trees, canals and even animals. Parc de l'Epervière is also a nice place to visit. The park is home to an orchard and the largest river marina in France. The old town is adorned by extraordinary architecture, especially the two 16th-century houses Maison des Têtes and Maison Mauresque, because of their beautiful facades. Boulevards with pleasant shops, terraces and restaurants surround the historic centre. Don't forget a 'Suisse' with your coffee: the orange peel and orange blossom biscuit is Valence's speciality.
Reisinformatie ValenceAfter a change of trains in Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Paris, you can travel with TGV to Valence. Moreover, every Saturday in July and August Thalys will get you there directly.
Read more about changing trains
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
Prices train tickets ValenceNo trip is the same. We are very aware of this and therefore offer a fitting rate for every travel situation.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Find out everything about TGV rates here
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Limited rebooking
- Subject to availability
- Change possible
- 50% refund
- Sufficient available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Book in advance and save money!Book with TGV 2 to 3 months in advance, and buy one-way tickets to Valence from € 80! The sooner you book, the lower the price. The cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled. Sun-Thalys tickets can be booked as of March for the months July and August.
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
Practical informationTo make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
Facilities on board the trainWe would gladly inform you about all facilities on board so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Intercity Brussels
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of TGV
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys to the south of France
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Change trains in Paris or BrusselsBefore you can travel with the TGV to Valence, you travel to Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Paris-Nord.
- Brussel-Zuid (Midi): Follow the signs 'Thalys' until you reach the main hall. The large information panels will indicate the platform from which your TGV will depart. More information
- Paris-Nord: To catch your TGV you will first need to travel with the RER to station Gare de Lyon. From Paris-Nord you take RER line D in the direction of Corbeil Essonnes to get to Gare de Lyon. For the transfer in Paris you can buy a ticket at the bar. More information
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
From € 69
Pay safe with
Destinations in the South of France
*Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.