There is a superfast direct Eurostar connection from Amsterdam to London St Pancras International 2 times a day. Eurostar takes you from Amsterdam to London St Pancras International in 4h10m, without changing trains. From Rotterdam the travel time is only 3h29m.
It is important to check in at least 30 minutes before the departure of Eurostar. You have access to the terminal 90 minutes before the departure of your train.
- You can travel from Amsterdam and Rotterdam to London directly, without changing trains.
- Travelling with a stopover in Brussels is still possible
- All about check-in Eurostar at Amsterdam and Rotterdam
Return tickets are cheaper than one-way tickets. The price for a return ticket starts from € 88. Your seat reservation is included in the price. The sooner you book, the cheaper your ticket.
The sooner you book, the lower the price.
The price of your Eurostar ticket depends on:
Per class you pay:
Direct connection Amsterdam - London and v.v.
Class Prices return tickets (from-to) Standard € 88 - € 411 Standard Premier € 191 - € 457 Business Premier € 598
Connection with 1 transfer
- Combination Intercity Brussels - Eurostar, including outbound journey from any station in the Netherlands: from € 82
Class Price one-way (from-to) Standard € 82 - € 220 Standard Premier € 99.50 - € 274 Business Premier € 360
Terms and conditions
Eurostar tickets terms and conditions
Eurostar has several classes and associated ticket terms and conditions. Check out the possibilities below.
Standard Standard Premier Business Premier Change ticket Without costs until 14 days for departure + price difference. Within 13 day for departure € 40 per person per one-way ticket + price difference. Without costs until 14 days for departure + price difference. Within 13 day for departure € 50 per person per one-way ticket + price difference. Until departure of the train, free of charge Cancellations No refund possible No refund possible Until departure of the train, free of charge
Pre-sale period and seat reservations
Tickets for Eurostar can be booked for a travel date up to 11 december 2021. The sooner you book, the lower the price. Your tickets are also your seat reservations: you are therefore guarenteed a seat.
Tickets for the conncection Intercity Brussels-Eurostar, with transfer in Brussels-Zuid/Midi, can also be booked 6 months before departure.
Connections Thalys-Eurostar, with transfer in Brussels-Zuid/Midi, can be booked 4 months before departure.
Classes in Eurostar
When travelling with Eurostar to and from London, you can choose 3 travel classes: Standard, Standard Premier and Business Premier. Travelling with Eurostar to final destination Brussels? Then you can only travel with Standard or Standard Premier.
Standard Standard premier Business Premier ✓ Check-in to 30 minutes before departure ✓ Check-in to 30 minutes before departure ✓ Extra fast check-in: 20 minutes before departure in Amsterdam and 10 minutes before departure in London St. Pancras ✓ In the bar carriage, Café Métropole you can purchase a snack, drinks and meal ✓ A light meal and drinks are served at your seat* ✓ Delicious meal adjusted to the time of day and created by star chef Raymond Blanc* ✓ Rebooking is possible, you will to need to pay a rebooking fee ✓ Rebooking is possible, you will to need to pay a rebooking fee ✓ Total flexibility to travel when you want to ✓ Lots of leg room and comfortable seats ✓ Lots of leg room and comfortable seats ✓ Free magazines ✓ Free magazines ✓ Free and unlimited ticket change and cancelation is free of charge ✓ Access to the exclusive Business Premier lounges of Eurostar ✓ Book a taxi in the Lounge or on board and the taxi is waiting for you in London. (until May 12)
Access to the lounge
Passengers with a Business Premier class ticket and Loyalty Card Railteam partner have access to both our own NS International Lounges as well as to the lounge in the Eurostar terminals op the stations Brussel-Zuid/Midi and Londen St. Pancras International. Passengers with a Standard Premier ticket who can show their NS Business Card also have access to the lounge.
The lounge is equipped with everything you need: drinks, snacks, comfortable chairs, free WiFi, computers and phone chargers.
On board of Eurostar
Locating your carriage
Your carriage and seat numbers are printed on your ticket. On the platform a train composition poster or digital screen indicates where you can wait to get into the right carriage. Next to the Eurostar doors the carriage numbers are indicated, so you can always easily find your carriage. In the coach, the seat numbers are clearly indicated on the rim above the seats.
Wifi on board
All trains have free wifi. You can make calls and use the Internet (4g) during your journey. Even while travelling through the Tunnel.
All seats have both European and British outlets. Seats in Standard and Business Premier class also have USB outlets.
For every class, Eurostar has its own catering offer:
- Children’s and vegetarian menus can be ordered up to 24 hours ahead. For special dietary needs like gluten free, diabetic etc you must order at least 48 hours ahead.
- In the Business Premier class you can enjoy a menu of top-quality, created in collaboration with well-known star chef Raymond Blanc. The ingredients of the meal are sustainably grown seasonal products. Breakfast is served in the trains that depart before 11.00 hrs. That means croissants, sandwiches and pastry and a choice between a warm breakfast or cold meats, yoghurt and fruit. Warm or cold drinks are served at your seat. You can enjoy as much Lavazza coffee as you like. Lunch and dinner are three course meals; you can choose between a warm of cold main meal. In the afternoon trains from London you can enjoy afternoon tea and to London you will get a café gourmand, with different cakes en warm and cold dishes. There is a large selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages that are served at your seat. And for those who have something to celebrate: there is, of course, champagne!
- Standard Premier: You can get a delicious, light meal served at your seat, adjusted to the time of day. Breakfast is served before 11 hrs: croissants, sandwiches, pastry, yoghurt, fruit juice, tea or coffee with which to start your day off well. The rest of the day you can choose between two main meals plus a dessert with soft drinks, wine or beer plus tea or coffee. For children, you can choose a kid’s meal. Children’s and vegetarian menus can be ordered up to 24 hrs ahead.
- When travelling in Standard class, you can purchase warm drinks, soft drinks, snacks, meals and a sweet snack at Café Métropole, our bar carriage. You are permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board.
Travelling with children
What does it cost to travel with children? Can I bring a stroller on board? May children walk about and play? For a worry-free trip, read all the practical information about travelling with children.
Travellers with impaired mobility
Our trains and stations provide a number of special facilities that make sure our trains are as accessible as possible for everyone, including the elderly, visually impaired and other passengers with impaired mobility.
- You may take 2 medium-sized suitcases and 1 carry-on item with you.
- Children older than 4 years with a child fare ticket may take 1 medium-sized suitcase and 1 carry-on item.
- There are luggage cars present.
- There is room at the end of each carriage to store your luggage.
- Larger pieces of luggage (including sports equipment longer than 85 cm), should be dropped off at the luggage office in the Eurostar terminal at Brussels Zuid/Midi or London St Pancras International. Your luggage can then be collected at your arrival station 24 hours later.
- Read more about taking your luggage on board
Bringing bicycles on board
Due to corona travel restrictions, you can't bring your bike on the train. You can only bring a folding bike or children's bike on board as long as it is no longer than 85cm in length and it's carried in a protective bag which covers the whole bike.
Bringing pets on board
Guide dogs may be taken on board; other pets may not.