- Directly to the French Alps
- Fast & comfortable travel
- Arrive safely at your final destination
Thalys will travel from the Netherlands to the Alps in the 2020/2021 season on Saturdays during the Christmas and spring holidays.
Begin your winter vacation with Thalys!
With Thalys, winter sports enthusiasts travel fast, relaxed and carefree directly to the French Alps. No traffic jams or slippery roads but reading a newspaper, getting a bite to eat and resting.
On ski vacation with the entire family
Want to go on a ski vacation with the entire family? The train is one big adventure for children. You’ll have plenty of time to really spend time together. Children can already travel from € 55 one-way trip.
Departure dates Thalys
- Saturday December 19, 2020 (only from NL to France)
- Saturday December 26, 2020 (from NL to France and v.v.)
- Saturday January 2, 2021 (only from France to NL)
- Saturday February 13, 2021 (only from NL to France)
- Saturday February 20, 2021 (from NL to France and v.v.)
Departure stations Thalys
- Amsterdam Centraal
- Rotterdam Centraal
Arrival stations Thalys
- Thalys will bring you directly to Chambéry, Albertville, Moûtiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice.
- Overview ski destinations
|Times from the Netherlands||Station||Times to the Netherlands|
|05.40 (d)||Amsterdam Central||00.13 (a)|
|06.00 (d)||Schiphol||23.54 (a)|
|06.25 (d)||Rotterdam Central||23.33 (a)|
|07.06 (d)||Antwerp Central||22.57 (a)|
|07.51 (d)||Brussels-South (Midi)||22.10 (a)|
|12.21 (a)||Chambery||17.50 (d)|
|13.04 (a)||Albertville||17.01 (d)|
|13.41 (a)||Moutiers Salins||16.22 (d)|
|14.06 (a)||Aime la Plagne||15.59 (d)|
|14.18 (a)||Landry||15.48 (d)|
|14.35 (a)||Bourg St. Maurice||15.38 (d)|
Cancel or change tickets due to corona
If the travel advice to your ski destination changes to code red or orange after booking, you can change or cancel your train tickets for free. The request for reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days of the originally planned trip. Read more
Extra luxury in Premium class
In Premium class you can enjoy extra services like:
- Welcome drink
- Free meal on board
- Free newspaper
- More flexibility when cancelling or changing tickets
- Access to the NS International Lounges at Amsterdam Central Station, Schiphol and Rotterdam Central Station.
Practical information Thalys to the French Alps
Making reservations for Thalys is mandatory. This will ensure that you have a seat. When travelling together, it is possible to book a duo (two-seater) or carré (four-seater) seating area.
How do I find my carriage on the platform?
On the Thalys trains, the carriage numbers are located next to the exterior doors. Your carriage number is written on your ticket. That way, you can easily find your carriage.
Travelling in Thalys offers you even more comfort with free Wifi in all Thalys trains, both for 1st and 2nd class. So you can continue working, emailing or texting!
Catering on board of the Ski-Thalys
In every Thalys to the French Alps, breakfast is offered in Premium class after leaving Brussels and the welcome drink before arrival in Chambéry. On your return journey, you will receive a welcome drink after departing from Chambéry, followed by dinner.
For other products you can visit the Thalys Bar, located between the Premium and Comfort carriages.
Please note: this catering service differs from the catering service offered in Thalys between Amsterdam and Paris.
Pets are not permitted on board Thalys to the Alps.
Skis and other luggage
Getting your skis to your ski destination is no problem. In carriages 6/16, 7/17 and 8/18 there are special, extra areas for storing skis and other winter sports equipment. You can bring a maximum of one pair of skis, a bag and one piece of carry-on luggage per person.
To ski resort by bus?
Do you want to travel to your ski resort from the train station by bus? Information, times and reservations can be found via the website or by phone on +33 820 320 368.
Thalys to the Alps
* Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions. While stock lasts.