Welke internationale treinen rijden er wel en niet? Een actueel overzicht.
Flexible booking conditions
Together with our partners, we temporarily made the booking conditions more flexible. If you choose other rates, for example no-flex Thalys, you cannot cancel or change your trip free of charge.
|Carrier||Flexible booking conditions||Fares||Booking dates|
|Thalys||Rebooking tickets is free for the Mid-flex fare up to and including the time of departure||Mid-flex||23-6-2020 - 31-12-2020|
|Eurostar||Rebooking tickets is free up to 14 days before departure||All||1-7-2020 - 30-04-2021|
|ICE International/ Intercity Berlin||Rebooking tickets is free for the Mid-flex fare (Sparpreis Europa) up to 1 day before departure||Mid-flex (Sparpreis Europa)||30-6-2020 - 31-12-2020|
|Intercity Brussels||Rebooking tickets is free for the Mid-flex fare (Early Bird) up to 1 day before departure, provided that the new travel date is at least 7 days from the time of change||Mid-flex (Early Bird)||30-6-2020 - 31-12-2020|
Due to an outbreak of the coronavirus, code orange applies in France.
More information (Dutch)
Every passenger who travels with Thalys in Belgium or France, needs to have a face mask to be allowed on board. It is compulsory to cover your nose and mouth (with a face mask or scarf) when travelling with public transport and at stations in France.
Exchange and cancellations
To cancel or exchange your ticket please contact your point of sale. It is not possible to cancel or exchange a ticket online or per email. If you have booked your ticket with NS International, please contact the NS International Service Center: 030-2300023 (local tarif). Tickets can be booked up to four (4) month in advance.
Tickets booked before June 23, 2020?
- If your train runs: It is possible to cancel or change your ticket up to 30 days before your departure date. You do not pay a cancellation fee. For example: if you have a ticket before October 10th, you can cancel or change your ticket until September 10th, after that is not possible anymore.
- If your train is not running: It is possible to cancel or change your ticket to another travel date up to 30 days after departure. You do not pay a cancellation fee.
Tickets booked on or after June 23, 2020?
Cancellation and changes are possible depending on the fare conditions of the ticket. We do not charge a change fee for the Standard and Comfort rates.You only pay the price difference between the old and the new ticket.
If your train is not running between March 10 and December 31, 2020
You can postpone your trip up to 30 days after departure, at no extra cost, by contacting the NS International Service Center.
If your train is running:
For trips booked up to 30/09/2020, the following rules apply:
- Changing your ticket: If the conditions of your ticket allow it, you may change it free of charge until the time of departure of the train. Any price difference will be charged.
- Cancelling your ticket: Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the original travel date.
Thalys to the Alps
Ticket sales for Thalys to the Alps will start on October 1. If the travel advice to your ski destination changes to code red or orange after booking, you can change or cancel your train tickets for free . The request for a refund must be submitted no later than 30 days after the originally planned trip.
Thalys to Marne/Disney/Charles de Gaulle
Thalys does not run to Marne/Disney and Charles de Gaulle Airport until March 13, 2021. You can cancel your ticket.
Tickets for travel dates up to 1 November 2020 can be exchanged or canceled before departure of the train. No exchange or cancellation fee will be charged.
Code orange for Belgium
Due to an outbreak of the coronavirus, code orange applies in Belgium. This means that you are advised to only travel if absolutely necessary. Read more (Dutch)
For all passengers travelling to Belgium:
- If you are staying in Belgium for more than 48 hours, you must fill in your travel and contact details on an online form (Public Health Passenger Locator Form) before arrival. You can fill in this form from 48 hours before departure.
- It is compulsory for travellers (over 12 years old) on Belgian public transport to cover their nose and mouth. This applies to the bus and train as well as the stations and platforms. Covering them with a face mask is possible, but a scarf, cloth or shirt is also allowed. On board Thalys, every passenger must have a face mask to be permitted on board.
Exchange and cancellations
Tickets with an Early Bird rate for journeys between June 30 and December 31, 2020 can be changed free of charge regardless of destination. Cancellation of tickets is only possible for tickets with a Flex rate. To cancel or exchange, please contact your original point of sale. If you booked your ticket with NS International, please contact the NS International Service Centre: + 31 (0)30 230 0023. You cannot exchange or cancel tickets online or per email.
If you book your journey in the period from June 30th to August 31st with the Early Bird tariff, we offer you extra flexibility. If you unexpectedly need or want to travel on another day, you can change your ticket without a fee. Do note that your new travel date has to be at least 7 days ahead. Any price difference will be settled.
For all passengers to London:
- Provide your journey and contact details by filling in this online form. You will need to show your completed form when you arrive at the UK border, either by printing a copy or showing it on your mobile device. You will not be able to submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK.
- From Saterday 15 August: Self-isolate for 14 days at the address you have provided on the above form. Please note that this measure applies to all visitors to the United Kingdom who travel from the Netherlands.
- If you have booked on behalf of other people, you are also responsible for ensuring all members of your party are aware of these requirements and have completed the form. If you are travelling with someone under 18 years old, please click here for additional details.
For all passengers to and from London:
- Every passenger travelling with Eurostar must wear a face mask (homemade, surgical or respiratory) to be allowed on board. To ensure every other seat is left empty, some passengers may find their coach and seat number has changed. Couples or a family will still be able to sit together.
- Business Premier Lounges in London, Pars and Brussels are closed until further notice
- Eurostar is unable to provide the usual catering services on board and at the stations. No food and drinks are served to Business and Standard Premier customers and the availibility of food and drink at the stations is very limited.
Exchange and cancellations
Did you book a ticket for a journey with Eurostar with a travel date no later than April 30, 2021?
- You can change your trip to a new travel date until April 30, 2021. Changes to your tickets must be made within 2 months of the original travel date, after that time we must refer you to Eurostar.com for changes. Due to Eurostar's booking horizon, you can plan up to 6 months in advance. To change your ticket, please contact your original point of sale.
If you have booked your ticket with NS International, please contact the NS International Service Center: +31(0)30-2300023 (local rate). If changing your trip to a travel date up until April 30, 2021 is not an option for you, please contact your original point of sale. If you have booked your ticket with NS International, please contact the NS International Service Center: 030-2300023 (local rate). We would be happy to discuss the options with you personally.
- If you are traveling to Germany you must complete an online form before departure. The German government is asking travelers from those provinces to undergo preventive testing upon arrival in Germany. You are also asked to go into self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Wearing mouth and nose protection (face mask, scarf or cloth) is mandatory if you are travelling in Germany with ICE International and on regional trains and S-bahn. The requirement also applies at stations and platforms.
- In the bistro on board of the ICE trains only "take away" catering is available. It is not served. Payment by credit card is preferred, debit cards are not possible.
Exchange and cancellations
Did you book your ticket after the 14th of March? Then the regular conditions for exchanging or cancelling of the tariff booked will apply. You can contact the original point of sales.
If you book your journey in the period from June 30th to December 31st with the Sparpreis Europa tariff (Mid-flex), we offer you extra flexibility. If you unexpectedly need or want to travel on another day, you can change your ticket without a fee up to 1 day before departure. Any price difference will be settled.
If you buy tickets for Nightjet (night train), the regular conditions for exchanging or cancelling of the tariff booked will apply. If you want to be flexible, we recommend that you contact our Service Center. We offer the cheapest tickets online and you usually cannot cancel or change them.
Other countries and trains
- Austria - If you buy tickets for Nightjet (night train), the regular conditions for exchanging or cancelling of the tariff booked will apply. If you want to be flexible, we recommend that you contact our Service Center. We offer the cheapest tickets online and you usually cannot cancel or change them. More information about travel conditions in Austria
- Denmark - More information
- Italy - More information
- Spain - More information
- Czech Republic - More information
- Switzerland - More information
- Other trains: For travel from July 1, 2020, the conditions apply depending on the fare of your ticket.
To cancel or exchange, please contact your original point of sale. If you booked your ticket with NS International, please contact the NS International Service Centre: + 31 (0)30 230 0023. You cannot cancel online.