- From € 19* one-way trip ICE International
- Within 2.5 hrs to the heart of Cologne
- Travel quickly and in comfort
- Directly from Amsterdam
Quickly to the heart of Cologne
Cologne is the ideal destination for a weekend getaway: it is clearly the oldest city in Germany. Cologne can be described as open, tolerant and multicultural and has a lot of historic heritage. Cologne is also ideal if you want to go on a shopping spree.
Taking a stroll in Cologne
During a weekend in Cologne, you will surely want to discover this historic city and Cologne is a great city to discover on foot. You can visit the Dom in Cologne, but also the city’s medieval wall that takes you back to the city’s Roman time. There are also numerous museums to visit. And there is a museum for everyone: from religious museums to modern ones like the Chocolate Museum and the Eau de Cologne Museum.
Taking a stroll outside Cologne
Real fashion lovers can eat their hearts out during a weekend in Cologne. In the Belgian Quarter you will find the hippest shops of Cologne, with nice restaurants and cafés where you can rest during your shopping spree. This is the place in Cologne where fashion lovers will find what they are looking for.
Sommer Köln festival
Art and culture are very important to Cologne. The Sommer Köln festival might be something for you, if you are planning to go to Cologne for a weekend in the summer. With a beer garden, acrobatics and different theatre performances, there is something for everyone at this free festival.
Sun, sea and beach on the Rhine
Did you know that you can enjoy the beach when in Cologne? The Cologne Beach Club has a pearl white beach where you can enjoy a cocktail and a bit to eat while lying in a beach chair. During a weekend in Cologne, this is also the place to go clubbing; there are guest deejays on Fridays and Saturdays.
Tips to book cheap traintickets
- Book as early as possible so you have the best chance of getting the lowest price
- You can book tickets for German destinations approximately 6 months before departure
- If you want to go on a weekendtrip, try booking Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun
Our top destinations
* Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.