Quickly to the heart of Bordeaux
- From € 60* one-way with Thalys and TGV
- Travel time Amsterdam – Bordeaux 6h41m
- Change trains in Brussels or Paris
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Arrival in the heart of town
- No parking costs
- Online no booking fee
Bordeaux is mainly known as a wine region but it is also a beautiful city in the South of France. The port is situated on the river Garonne, north of the beautiful natural reserve Landes de Gascogne.
The Cité du Vin is worth a visit: a beautiful modern museum about the history of wine, with a fascinating audio tour. It's also great fun for children. Bordeaux also has the CAPC Museum, one of the most important museums of modern art in France. There are also beautiful squares and charming streets with antique shops. Looking for peace and quiet? Bordeaux has many beautiful parks where you can take a walk and have a picnic. Tip: rent a bicycle and bike through the trendy neighbourhoods and along the river Garonne.
Travel information Bordeaux
With the train, you will be in Bordeaux in no time. Travel with Thalys to Paris where you need to take the metro to Paris Montparnasse and catch a TGV train. Every hour there is a train to Bordeaux, the travel time is a bit more than 2 hours.
During your trip, you will be provided with all the comforts so you can relax in a comfortable chair.
On Saturdays in the summer (late June to August), Thalys runs directly from Brussel Zuid/Midi to Bordeaux. Travel time from Brussels is 4h15m. Unfortunately, due to the early departure time, it is not possible to travel by train from the Netherlands. The starting price from Brussels with Thalys is € 40.
Prices train tickets Bordeaux
TGV and Thalys offer differenct types of rates for your trip.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Book in advance and save money!
Book up to 4 months before departure and possibly pay as little as € 60 for a one-way ticket to Bordeaux. Book as early as possible for the best chance to get the lowest rates. You cannot re-book or cancel the cheapest tickets.
General tips to pay less
- Book as early as possible for the best chance to get the lowest rates.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- If you want to leave for a weekend, go Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online and you do not have to pay any booking fees.
To make your trip even easier, we have listed a number of practical matters.
Book your trip starting at a train station near you. Do you live in Groningen or Den Helder? Or do you live close to another train station? Book from the nearest train station to get the best value for money. Your ticket will cost less.
There are other advantages:
- you only have to check in with your international ticket once
- you will receive information about any changes relating to your entire trip
- if you load your ticket into the app, you will be entitled to compensation for delay on any part of the journey
Facilities on board
We will be happy to inform you about all the facilities on board so that you can travel as comfortably as possible.
View the intinerary planner
Please keep in mind that there could be delays or work and check your trip in the itinerary planner. This way you will never be caught off guard!
Download the app
Download our app so that you stay informed of any changes during your trip.
Change trains in Paris
Before you can catch a TGV train to Bordeaux, you need to travel to Paris-Nord. There you take the RER line D in the direction of Corbeil Essonnes to get to Gare de Lyon. You can buy a ticket for the transfer in Paris in the bar on the train.
Free access to the lounges
Do you have a 1st class ticket? The you can get a free drink while accessing a NS International Lounge at Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
Book your train ticket
Destinations in the South of France
*The mentioned starting prices are based on one-way, 2nd class ticket from Amsterdam Central Station. All fares are based on availability and the applicable fare conditions.