From € 69
Quickly to the heart of Marseille
- From € 69* with Thalys to south of France
- From € 84* with TGV
- Travel time Amsterdam - Marseille 7.28 hours with TGV
- Direct connection on Saturdays in the summer with Thalys
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- Arrival in the heart of town
- No parking costs
- Online no booking fee
What was once the old port of Marseille, is now a grand marina located between two ancient forts. The harbour is complete with terraces, restaurants, hotels and shops, but still pleasantly quiet. For a beautiful view of the city and the sea, take a walk to the Notre-Dame de la Garde. It's situated on a 150-metre high hill, but the climb is worth it! You can relax on one of the terraces around Rue de la République and Rue de Canebière. The city beaches are also great for relaxing. Culturally, there’s plenty on offer: Marseille has more than 22 museums. Especially Le Musée d'Art Contemporain (MAC) is a must-see for the modern art lover.
Travel information MarseilleAfter a change of trains in Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Paris, you can travel with TGV to Marseille. Moreover, every Saturday in July and August Thalys will get you there directly.
Read more about changing trains
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
Prices train tickets MarseilleNo trip is the same. We are very aware of this and therefore offer a fitting rate for every travel situation.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Find out everything about TGV rates here
Options flexibility Thalys
- Bargain tickets
- Limited rebooking
- Subject to availability
- Change possible
- 50% refund
- Sufficient available
- Rebooking free of charge
- Cancellation free of charge
- Always available
Book in advance and save money!The sooner you book, the lower the price. The cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled. Sun-Thalys tickets can be booked as of March for the months July and August.
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets.
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper.
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun.
- Book online to avoid booking fee.
Practical informationTo make your trip that much easier, we have summed up certain practical issues for you.
Facilities on board the trainWe would gladly inform you about all facilities on board so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Intercity Brussels
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of TGV
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys to the south of France
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Change trains in Paris or BrusselsBefore you can travel with the TGV to Marseille, you travel to Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Paris-Nord.
- Brussel-Zuid (Midi): Follow the signs 'Thalys' until you reach the main hall. The large information panels will indicate the platform from which your TGV will depart. More information
- Paris-Nord: To catch your TGV you will first need to travel with the RER to station Gare de Lyon. From Paris-Nord you take RER line D in the direction of Corbeil Essonnes to get to Gare de Lyon. For the transfer in Paris you can buy a ticket at the bar. More information
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
From € 69
Pay safe with
Destinations in the South of France
*Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.