From € 90
Quickly to the heart of Cannes
- From € 90* one-way trip with TGV
- Travel time Amsterdam – Cannes 10.24 hours with TGV
- Every day via Brussel-Zuid (Midi) and Paris
- Tip! Early booking = lowest prices
The advantages of travelling by train
- Board directly, no check-ins
- Comfortable seating
- Arrival in the heart of town
- No parking costs
- Online no booking fee
Cannes is known for its annual film festival in the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès. This is where the most famous actors and directors come together for the Golden Palm award ceremony. Climb the stairs and imagine yourself a real movie star: strike a pose! Not a movie fanatic? Then the old port is a must-see. From the port, you have a view of the Lérins islands, which can be visited by ferry. The Île de Saint-Honorat is home to a monastery dating back to the 4th century. The second island in the Lerin group, Île Sainte-Marguerite, is home to a fortress where prisoners from the French Revolution were held. Interesting to take a look!
Travel information CannesBy train you'll be in Cannes after just a quick transfer in Paris. During your trip, you’ll have all you need to able to relax in our comfortable seats.
Read more about changing trains
For a complete travel itinerary, consult our itinerary planner
Prices train tickets CannesNo trip is the same. We are very aware of this and therefore offer a fitting rate for every travel situation.
The price depends on
- The moment of booking - Early booking means lowest prices
- Travel class - 1st or 2nd class
- Flexibility - Regarding rebooking and cancellations
Book in advance and save money!Book with TGV 2 to 3 months in advance, and buy one-way tickets to Cannes from € 90! The sooner you book, the lower the price. The cheapest tickets cannot be rebooked or cancelled.
General tips for getting the cheapest tickets
- Book as early as possibly to have the most chance of getting the cheapest tickets
- Travelling in the evening is often cheaper
- For a weekend getaway, travel Sat-Sun-Mon instead of Fri-Sat-Sun
- Book online to avoid booking costs
Facilities on board the trainWe would gladly inform you about all facilities on board so that you can make your journey more comfortable.
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Thalys
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of Intercity Brussels
Read all about the facilities and practical issues of TGV
View the itinerary plannerPlease keep in mind that there could be delays or engineering works and check your trip with the itinerary planner. That way, you will never get an unpleasant surprise!
Download the appDownload our app so that you will be kept informed of the possible changes.
Change trains in Paris or BrusselsBefore you can travel with the TGV to Cannes, you travel to Brussel-Zuid (Midi) or Paris-Nord.
- Brussel-Zuid (Midi): Follow the signs 'Thalys' until you reach the main hall. The large information panels will indicate the platform from which your TGV will depart. More information
- Paris-Nord: To catch your TGV you will first need to travel with the RER to station Gare de Lyon. From Paris-Nord you take RER line D in the direction of Corbeil Essonnes to get to Gare de Lyon. For the transfer in Paris you can buy a ticket at the bar. More information
Free access to the loungesIf you have a 1st class ticket, you can enjoy a free drink at the NS International Lounge in Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam.
From € 90
Pay safe with
Destinations in the South of France
*Listed from-prices are based on one-way trips, 2nd class, from Amsterdam Central Station. All rates are subject to availability and applicable fare conditions.